DevX is looking for an Ansible and Docker Instructor for DevOps to join our DevOps instructor team. Our mission at DevX School is to grow strong tech and design professionals that meet current market demands. At DevX, a high-quality learning experience is at the forefront of everything we do. The candidate must be passionate about empowering others through sharing skills and experience. Help our students realize their full potential!
DevX Core Values :
Objectives of this role
This is a part-time, virtual/remote position in the United States and associated time zones
- Teach Ansible: 3 classes/week, 3-hr classes for 2 weeks at 6 pm-9 pm PST. 6 classes total. Start date Feb 5th.
- Teach Docker: 3 classes/week, 3-hr classes for 2 weeks at 6 pm-9 pm PST. 6 classes total. Start date March 19th.
Salary: 50-100$ per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Time commitment: 9 hrs per week for 4 weeks total.
- Help develop and contribute to the content/curriculum of the DevOps program in regards to the topics above that will lead to one of the industry-acknowledged certifications
- Prepare a hands-on project to automate tasks with Ansible
- Identify the skill level of participants and align delivery of course material to match individual students’ needs.
- Demonstrate consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful learning experience.
- Facilitate group discussions, demos, in-class activities and feedback sessions
- Prepare students for success in all aspects of their journey towards becoming industry ready, prepare students for job interviews
- Provide actionable feedback on student’s soft and hard skills
- Follow industry trends
- Play a hands-on role in curriculum development, and use what you learn from working with students to make our curriculum world-class
- Implement policies on enforcing student attendance, grading of assignments, etc.
- Gather and report on student metrics
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong Linux Knowledge
- Strong AWS cloud Knowledge
- Strong Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform knowledge
- Strong Jenkins knowledge for building CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to teach courses with comprehensive online delivery.
- Proficiency in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, evaluation
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, or a related major and/or Current industry and vendor certifications
- Proven industry experience
- Current or past experience working in MAANG companies is a plus