DevX is looking for a ReactJS instructor to join our instructor team. Our mission at DevX School is to grow strong tech and design professionals that meet current market demands. At DevX, a high-quality learning experience is at the forefront of everything we do. The candidate must be passionate about empowering others through sharing skills and experience. Help our students realize their full potential!
DevX Core Values :
Objectives of this role
This is a part-time, virtual/remote position in the United States and associated time zones
Hours per week: Teach 3 days/week, 3 hrs/day for 5-6 weeks. 6:00-9:00pm PST
Salary: 50-100$ per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Time commitment: 9 hrs per week.
Start date: January 29th, 2023
- Contribute to the overall content/curriculum that will lead to one of the industry-acknowledged certifications
- Administer practice and project-based classes to 70 students.
- Identify the skill level of participants and align delivery of course material to match individual students’ needs.
- Demonstrate consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful learning experience.
- Facilitate group discussions, demos, in-class activities and feedback sessions
- Prepare students for success in all aspects of their journey towards becoming industry ready
- Work closely with mentors to ensure students are ready for interviews, prepare students for job interviews
- Provide actionable feedback on student’s soft and hard skills
- Follow industry trends related to the industry
- Play a hands-on role in curriculum development, and use what you learn from working with students to make our curriculum world-class
- Implement policies on enforcing student attendance, grading of assignments, etc.
- Gather and report on student metrics
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong HTML/CSS knowledge
- Strong OOP Java Script knowledge
- Strong ReactJS knowledge
- Strong NodeJS5 knowledge
- Strong Jquery knowledge
- Strong API knowledge
- Ability to teach courses with comprehensive online delivery.
- Proficiency in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, evaluation
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, or a related major and/or Current industry and vendor certifications
- Proven industry experience
- Current or past experience working in MAANG companies is a plus